Tanishq brings together a unique understanding of Indian tradition and the Indian woman. This brand communication objective and the launch of a collection was taken further and reinforced effectively and interestingly, through the never before used medium of cinema ------ PAHELI… which was a traditional tale of an Indian woman.
The Media Solution and Execution:
It was a challenging project for the team. Keeping in mind the communication objectives, the solution offered by us was as an opportunity to do an innovative plan around the film ‘Paheli’. This extensive use of ‘Cinema’ was further detailed as follows:
- We used the platform of a film to showcase the jewellery to a large Indian Diaspora with a larger than life experience. As a part of this tie-up, Tanishq designed and supplied the entire jewellery used in the film for all the characters.
- We used the glamour, fashion and opinion leadership of cinema for a lifestyle product i.e. Tanishq jewellery. The jewellery was worn all from the first to last scene of the film by the entire cast including Rani Mukherjee and Shahrukh khan.
- We extracted the relevant elements of the film and created a story of brand communication in the form of a TVC for promoting the collection made and showcased in the film.
- The TVC created was aired across all mass entertainment channels announcing the launch of the new jewellery collection in the markets , worn by the actors and inspired from the film.
- The association was taken to In-store promotions (ground Promotions); the film ambience was recreated in the stores with film memorabilia, posters, facades, etc. across its retail outlets.
- The customer who bought the jewellery from this collection was given letters autographed by Shahrukh Khan, which is a collector’s item.
- The director of the film Mr. Amol Palekar launched the jewellery collection in a special press conference in Delhi.
- The program 'Making of the Film' had the Tanishq marketing head Ruchira Puri speaking about the association.
- The film acknowledged the contribution of Tanishq in the opening credits of the film thus tremendously increasing its saliency.
Awards & Recognition
- Media E2E Gold (BEST PRODUCT PLACEMENT FILMS)