- Louis Philippe's brand promise is class, innovation & status. The clothes appeal to the contemporary Indian male.
- Louis Philippe's media mix had been print & BTL and they had never used electronic media because of audience spillover & restrictive costs.
- Lately the brand was facing the challenge of surviving competition, which bordered from formal wear to trendy all-occasion wear endorsed by young celebrities.
With the fashion & retail boom, the following communication gaps needed to be filled:
- Target the existing consumers through aggressive promotion, celebrity showcases and use of more effective medium like TV.
- To target the younger TG who is driven by style & fashion.
- To shed the 'corporate only' image to 'fashionable, stylish & sophisticated'.
- To enhance the brand recall amongst
- Existing primary audiences – TG 30+ SEC A
- Growing secondary audiences with high disposable incomes – TG 20+ SEC A
Media Solution & Execution
- Indian cinema has always been a huge fashion driver in the country. This insight was taken forward to create the DON line of clothing.
- DON had a successful storyline with ultra modern treatment a-la-a James Bond 007; hence the platform was relevant to the brand design strategy of style & sophistication.
- Louis Philippe designed the entire look for Shah Rukh Khan, and other lead characters (with designer Aki Narula). Hence creating a line, a trend.
- MATES got involved with the script to ensure the line entails:
- Club Wear
- Week-end wear
- Post the showcase in the film; the brand used the film-footage with SRK wearing the clothesline to create co-branded commercial. This commercial was used to launch the collection.
- Media objectives of 500 GRP's were set and a plan was created on GEC channels, news, Movie channels & English entertainment.
- The cinema initiative was further pushed by rigorous instore activation:
- POP / POS material was all over the facades, garment stands, on clothes etc.
- Music of DON played throughout the day
- Co-branded TVC played on the instore TV
- Attractively showcased Merchandise.
- The activity was superlatively enhanced when we got Shahrukh Khan to the Louis Phillipe store to launch the collection.
- Sales Promotion activity was supported by a sales incentive, wherein the showroom with maximum sales watches the film with the stars and get signed film memorabilia.
- Cassettes, CD's and Movie tickets were distributed to the staff.
- Priority customers were invited to be present on the launch day.